With the bountiful blessings and command of Jagadguru Shri Shankara Vijayendra Saraswati Swamigal and benedictions of Jagadguru Shri Jayendra Saraswati Swamigal and the Paramacharya Jagadguru Chandrashekharendra Saraswati Mahaswamigal: His Holiness Jagadguru Shri Shankara Vijayendra Saraswathi Swamigal, or Bala Periyavaal, 70th Shankaracharya of the Kanchi Kamakoti Peetham
What is Pancha Dravida?
Pancha-Gauda and Pancha-Dravida are two chief divisions of Brahmins, as per the śloka from Rājatarangini of Kalhaṇa / Kalhana: कर्णाटकाश्च तैलंगा द्राविडा महाराष्ट्रकाः, गुर्जराश्चेति पञ्चैव द्राविडा विन्ध्यदक्षिणे || सारस्वताः कान्यकुब्जा गौडा उत्कलमैथिलाः, पञ्चगौडा इति ख्याता विन्ध्स्योत्तरवासिनः || Meaning :(The-) Karnātakas, Tailangas, Dravidas, Mahārāshtrakās and Gurjaras; these five(-types who-) live south of Vindhya (- mountains) are (called-) "five Dravidas" (- Brahmins); (whereas-) Sārasvatas, Kanyakubja Brahmins, Gauḍa Brahmins, Utkala Brahmins, and Maithil Brahmins, who live north of Vindhya (- mountains) are known as "five Gaudas" (-Brahmins)
It is directed toward building a spiritual and Dharmic fellowship among Brahmins, particularly abroad, and specifically among the five linguistic groups of Pancha Dravida, i.e.,
Tamil - Malayalam,
This website is dedicated to the revival, preservation and propagation of Sanathana Dharma in general and Brahmana Dharma in particular.
- What does it mean to be a Brahmin?
- Cultivate, educate, encourage and protect the Brahmin Identity
- Facilitate and enable marriages within the varna. Actively counsel to discourage marriages outside the varna
- Networking amongst Brahmins globally
- Enforce daily anushtanams amongst those who have forsake the same
- Facilitate students who wish to learn their heritage, traditions, scriptures etc
- Support other voluntary organizations that work tirelessly for the uplift of Brahmins
The cardinal aims of this service are the three E’s, as described by Jagadguru Shri Shankara Vijayendra Saraswati Swamigal, 70th Shankaracharya of the Kanchi Kamakoti Sarvajna Peetham:
Education - Spiritual and worldly
Employment - Assisting deserving individuals in finding jobs
Engagement - Finding suitable marriage alliances within the community